Original portuuese version here!

quinta-feira, 3 de março de 2011

New Tractor for a Wade Extruder

I got a new tractor for the Wade extruder, it seems like a progress, I don't know if it's the ultimate solution. The reasons for improvement are simple:
  • I used a screw with common steel (SAE 1020 steel) instead of a super-duper-bolt. For that I used a Capscrew 5 / 16 "x 2 1 / 2" that has no thread in the middle. Dimensions are almost equal (7.94 x 8mm)
  • I used a 6mm Tool. it gave me teeth twice larger and deeper, the traction got better because of this.
  • I used a crude method for manufacturing and thus the shape of the teeth still not perfect. I think a version made with proper tools could be much better
 I held the bolt in a vise with two bearings, one is bound by two screws and the other is loose, two pieces of softwood avoid destroying the bearings. The screw turns freely.

The washers and a nut on the right serve as guide and adjustment of position and dispense the previous slot. With the drill at low speed, so the screw begins to rotate under the effect of the thread.
The teeth are formed quickly.
A little trim, or even the bearing will not come out any more ...
Beautiful ...
Mounted in place. The alignment is not perfect, it would take several washers thicknesses to fine tune.


And finally you can see that the tractor marks in the plastic are much deeper than before. We'll see how it behaves in practice ...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário